Nomad Field Chair
By We Do Wood
DescriptionThe legendary Roorkhee Chair provides the inspiration for Sebastian Jørgensen’s modern take on the classic. The Nomad Chair is a true field chair. Originally made for British military officers stationed in India and later reworked by Scandinavian designers Kaare Klint and Arne Norell. Highly portable, the chair assembles and disassembles in mere seconds. It’s a true tribute to the modern nomadic lifestyle. Whilst easy to move about, it offers a charming and comfortable canvas and leather chair for daily use in any Scandi-modern or minimalist space. Crafted from certified Moso bamboo, a highly sustainable natural resource, processed without harmful chemicals. It is ultimately, lightweight and exceptionally strong.
Estimated Lead Time: 6-8 Weeks
Can be shipped within the EU Countries
- Material: moso bamboo, canvas, leather
- Delivered in a flat package, final assembly done at home
- Watch assembly instruction video for tips and tricks
- Cleaning of bamboo is done by a damped cloth applied a little soap
- Maintenance is done with sandpaper (grain 180) in the fibre direction
- Afterwards 3 treatments with linseed oil should be applied
- We Do Wood only work with certified plantations
- Bamboo is grown with NO chemicals, pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers
- Production has the lowest formaldehyde emissions in the industry
- Warranty: Three year warranty against manufacturer defects
- 27.2" H x 24.4" W x 25.6" D
- Seat height: 13"
Weight: 8.8 lbs
DesignerDanish furniture designer Sebastian Jørgensen believes a piece of furniture is a success when it invites you to use it and does not require too much explanation. His natural bamboo designs feature lines that are at the same time severe and gentle. The surfaces are shaped with devotion to create simple, geometric forms, and a combination of ease and comfort stands out.
See more: chair