Tao Side Chair | By Orlandini Design
TAO. The name of this chair reveals the core of the project.
In fact, it is precisely on the T-shaped support of the backrest that we have focused our attention on. At the root of the concept is clearly the recovery of a classic style, typical of the ’50s and ’60s design. The two wooden shells joined by the metal frame are an image that each of us has in our memory, from everyday examples such as school chairs or Nordic bistro chairs to Eames’ immortal masterpieces.
Starting from this more than a consolidated solution, the focus of the intervention was on formal cleanliness and structural research until finding a supporting system narrowed to the essential, a sturdy and simple frame capable of conveying lightness, transforming the seat and backrest into two leaves suspended in the air, without screws or rivets as in past examples.
- Shell in beech plywood with variable section, finish in oakwood, wenge or walnut.
- 4-legs frame in varnished tubular steel.
- Backrest frame in steel tube with lateral aluminium elements.
- Upholstered seat and backrest pad option available
- The average lead time for True Design orders is 10 weeks
- Small Chair TA1004: Inches 21.6w | 20d | 30.3h
- Lounge Chair TA7004: Inches 26w | 30d | 31h
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.